Thursday, June 15, 2006

jungle




This is a ten minute reminder sketch. I have been training myself to get into the habit of doing these, rather than leave an idea alone until I have the time for it..and promplty forget about it. I have a sketchbook slowly filling with these ten miute reminders, which is just wonderful to go back to when I have the time and no new ideas are flowing.
This one.."junglebook" I originally saw in my minds crooked eye as a realistic pencil sketch...a sorry play on words...but I couldnt get the image out o my head...and while it is just a quick roughy I mist say it turned out better than the serious detailed peices for poetry that I've been working on all week!.. so thanks to this weeks Illustration Friday I think I shall develop another habit of when its all turning to crap.. leave it alone and doodle for ten minutes!

4 Comments:

Blogger ° said...

wow great idea i lov it nice work

5:55 PM  
Blogger carla said...

This is a great concept, and a wonderful little sketch. I like the idea of "reminder sketches." I have so many pictures that pop into my head...it would be good to just skecth them out so they don't dispappear. This one is really nice...I think the quick look adds to the feeling of wild overgrowth.

2:39 AM  
Blogger summerday said...

you have a really cool sketching style!

4:25 AM  
Blogger Bill Z said...

this is really cool

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home