Wednesday, February 21, 2007

gravity{plays a bum note}

I have been working on this peice for a couple of weeks, the third in a series of experiments for an ongoing project. While it is not so much a depiction of this weeks Illustrationfriday.com topic as such , both this weeks topic , gravity, as well as last weeks , crash, have played quite the parts in its development.....the crash topic gave me the idea of the about to fall flower pots, and gravity gave me the title which I felt added to the notion of the inevitable next sound about to come from this pianoesque operatus. I'm also considering naming the character Gravity.





9 Comments:

Blogger Theresa H. said...

it's terrific. I love all the little details and the color palette is very soothing yet ominous at the same time. keep up the great work!

cheers,
theresa

5:13 PM  
Blogger Andrew Thornton said...

An interesting instrument, indeed! It makes me wonder what kind of sounds will be made. I once saw a street performer who had made some kind of instrument out of pieces of broken pottery and bottles. He would rub his finger around the edge of glasses and use a small mallet to strike the different pieces of pottery. Very peaceful and enchanting. Much like your illustration.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Brine Blank said...

Very Dr.Suessish...funny

7:06 PM  
Blogger tusen said...

really good. I love the complexity of the... instrument :D

10:02 PM  
Blogger studio lolo said...

What fun whimsy!!

11:00 PM  
Blogger emilayusof said...

Wow! Love your illo!

11:39 PM  
Blogger nicole falk said...

awesome..a really wonderful piece - i love it

11:07 AM  
Blogger carla said...

This is so whimsical, fanciful, fun, and wonderful! I love the feeling of teetering movement, and I love the subtle gradations of color!

4:43 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

wonderful, very complex and fun. the color palate is really cool. and thanks for the link.

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home