Saturday, August 19, 2006

match

Any Australian who has ever set fire to anything knows this brand of matches:




So for this weeks topic I scanned in the box and played with that famous image of the redhead..

First I warholed her....{which wasnt easy with my photoshop being up the diddly and not cropping}





Then I decided to try and make her whole...




I still havent decided what to have her setting fire to yet...but I had a play with the idea of her setting fire to a boyfriends guitar after he played just one too many Hendrix tunes..



But I'm still tossing over notions before I draw something in ...any suggestions most welcome..offering a match to nero? ....setting fire to the prime ministers pants?...her grandmother?....dick smith after his release of his own brand of matches called "dickheads"?..I kid you not...

12 Comments:

Blogger The Unknown said...

I love the full figure with the guitar! Cool stuff.
love

1:24 AM  
Blogger mike said...

Schweet. Redhead matches. Mmm. I likey.

3:40 AM  
Blogger murphy girl said...

like the box at the top

4:17 AM  
Blogger Lea said...

should I be pointing out that I have nothing to do with the box at the top?...laughin

4:26 AM  
Blogger Lea said...

or the box a the bottom for tha matter

4:33 AM  
Blogger ° said...

i think she must have known Jimi. nice illos and take on a warhol

5:38 AM  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

This could also be a post for last week's Play topic since you clearly had fun playing with this topic. It was fun to see the girl's whole body as you visualized her. For me in the U.S. this is all news--I've never seen any of these images before and don't know who that Dick guy is but his matches are funny.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

I find this so much fun. Great take on match.

1:47 PM  
Blogger boredomsketch said...

Nice process, i like it when you made her whole, like full body. It seems to be well fit, as far as the same graphci aproach on the head. The Warhol experiencie is interesting. :)

7:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the design style and the vintage quality.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Hehe, thanks for the good read. I like the last one, seems appropriate for the match lady to retaliate with fire. Great submission!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Tiger Mouse said...

ha ha ha! As a fellow Aussie, I love it. Particularly the guitar.

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home