Wednesday, August 16, 2006

play



A photoshopped rough sketch of my daughter for this weeks illustration friday topic : play

She is an avid drama student, and has recently been working on a play in the greek style, an adaptaion she wrote herself, of the tale of Persephone,daughter of Zues, being taken to the underworld by Hades..

Students perform wearing masks to represent their characters....my daughter was playing the part of Demeter, who gets rather narky that that HER daughter, Persephone, has to live on pomegranete seeds whilst spending her six months of the year in the underworld...

see the lovely carla's blog for a delightful pic of Persephone for last weeks illustration friday and links to more of the greek legend ..i have the flu and am not up to research and linkage of such details

It is by sheer coincidence that my dear daughter has this expression of acting as Demeter admonishing Hades with an : "you expect my daughter to live on a mere six seeds of THIS?! "... she is actually giving me a look of "mum...quit the lecture & just hurry up and finish whatever craziness you are up to"

Meanwhile... i ponder the wisdom{or lack there of} of encouraging a teenage drama queen to take lessons in drama


And this is an older peice that doesnt have a home, so seeing as it fits the topic , it can live here



He's playing harmonica, but now i look at it on the screen here it looks like he's guzzling a peice of toast

3 Comments:

Blogger Murphy George said...

I love this!!! It's fantastic!! I know I was a little late to cotton on, but it's awesome to be able to click on and check out new stuff by you - it's like having my own private gallery! And I love the profile pic too!!

10:28 PM  
Blogger Serline said...

I like the pose of this lovely girl with a striking mask.

2:06 AM  
Blogger carla said...

This is purely delightful! I love her expression...she's has that "don't mess with Mother Nature" look for sure! I love the nature mask. Those bits of color look so wonderful against your beautiful drawing. (p.s. - thanks for the link:>)

4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home