Saturday, June 24, 2006

rain

I've been having a bash at digitally illustrating poetry of late.....this weeks IF topic had my addled brain singing creedences Who'll Stop The Rain..an anti Vietnam war protest song.....so seeing as a song is a poem set to music....




Long as I remember the rain been comin' down
Clouds of mystery pourin' confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages tryin' to find the sun.
And I wonder still I wonder who'll stop the rain.

I went down Virginia seekin' shelter from the storm
Caught up in the fable I watched the tower grow
Five year plans and new deals wrapped in golden chains.
And I wonder still I wonder who'll stop the rain.

Heard the singers playin', how we cheered for more.
The crowd had rushed together tryin' to keep warm.
Still the rain kept pourin', fallin' on my ears
And I wonder, still I wonder who'll stop the rain

-creedence clearwater revival

4 Comments:

Blogger carla said...

This is strong for both the image and the connection to the lyrics. It's especially meaningful to me since I was in high school during the Vietnam war...I can hear this song in my head right now. I like the various images you chose for your collage, and i like the grey tones to enhance the continuous rain. Excellent interpretation and execution:>

7:15 AM  
Blogger arvindh said...

this is just great!

11:41 AM  
Blogger ° said...

wow, ccr cant go wrong with them and great imagery to go with the song. nice work

7:56 PM  
Blogger Lea said...

thanks guys!

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home